- The Sabbatical Officers are the primary representatives of the student body. They promote the interests of our members at institutional, local, national and international levels to achieve direct benefits for students.
- Sabbaticals are responsible for ensuring that the aims, the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the policies of Loughborough Students’ Union are upheld.
- The Executive Committee are Trustees of Loughborough Students’ Union. As such they are responsible for: –
- Working collectively and with the Union Director and other senior staff to ensure that Loughborough Students’ Union has a clear vision and strategy that recognises its values and meets the needs of its members,
- Financial scrutiny of management accounts,
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Loughborough Students’ Union against targets and ensuring that it is focussed on achieving its strategic goals,
- Participating in recruitment panels,
- Complying with good governance principles in finance, employment and the law, ensuring that guidance from relevant bodies is followed,
- Managing and implementing projects in line with strategic plans and Union policy,
- Applying Union policy to service provision by working with management,
- Supporting all committees and part-time officers in carrying out their duties effectively,
- Ensuring all stakeholders’ views are represented and needs considered,
- Reporting regularly to Union Meetings on individual areas of responsibility and activity,
- Communicating effectively with members within the Students’ Union,
- Acting as a conduit for dialogue between students and their institutions, the University and College.
- To commit to reducing the Students’ Union environmental impact and promote environmental and ethical good practice.
- Provides a student input by working with staff to ensure our membership and commercial services meet the needs of students
- The above duties to be carried out with due regard to the Union’s policies on health and Safety, Safeguarding and Customer Care and Equal Opportunities.
- Lead representative of the student body at Loughborough University and Loughborough College.
- Line manager of the Executive Officers of the Students’ Union.
- Primary Union representative and point of liaison on relevant University Committees.
- Ensure personal awareness of priority issues for students.
- Spokesperson for communications to all external bodies; lead officer for public relations.
- Primary individual responsible for initiating procedures to determine priority campaigns relevant to the whole student body and responsible for leading these campaigns.
- To conduct impact assessment of these campaigns.
- Primary Officer with responsibility for staffing matters through the Union Director.
- Propose or initiate research where required to fulfil student needs and to respond informatively to University consultations.
- Coordinate responses to consultation documents (nationally and locally).
- Co-lead on the Union’s strategic plan and Disciplinary Policy.
Want to apply?Apply
The Nitty Gritty Stuff