- The Sabbatical Officers are the primary representatives of the student body. They promote the interests of our members at institutional, local, national and international levels to achieve direct benefits for students.
- Sabbaticals are responsible for ensuring that the aims, the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the policies of Loughborough Students’ Union are upheld.
- The Executive Committee are Trustees of Loughborough Students’ Union. As such they are responsible for: –
- Working collectively and with the Union Director and other senior staff to ensure that Loughborough Students’ Union has a clear vision and strategy that recognises its values and meets the needs of its members,
- Financial scrutiny of management accounts,
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Loughborough Students’ Union against targets and ensuring that it is focussed on achieving its strategic goals,
- Participating in recruitment panels,
- Complying with good governance principles in finance, employment and the law, ensuring that guidance from relevant bodies is followed,
- Managing and implementing projects in line with strategic plans and Union policy,
- Applying Union policy to service provision by working with management,
- Supporting all committees and part-time officers in carrying out their duties effectively,
- Ensuring all stakeholders’ views are represented and needs considered,
- Reporting regularly to Union Meetings on individual areas of responsibility and activity,
- Communicating effectively with members within the Students’ Union,
- Acting as a conduit for dialogue between students and their institutions, the University and College.
- To commit to reducing the Students’ Union environmental impact and promote environmental and ethical good practice.
- Provides a student input by working with staff to ensure our membership and commercial services meet the needs of students
- The above duties to be carried out with due regard to the Union’s policies on health and Safety, Safeguarding and Customer Care and Equal Opportunities.
- Student lead on the Union’s democratic and governance procedures and responsible for ensuring they are as effective and engaging as possible
- Lead on the Executive Elections, Democracy and Representation Committee, and ‘Ideas Space’
- To deputise in the absence of the President on relevant committees and on certain duties specified by the President
- To oversee and support the sectional team, namely Rag, Action, Media, and Societies
- To Represent LSU on University Council and other representative boards and committees
- Co-lead on the Union’s strategic plan and Disciplinary Policy
- Co-signature on Executive budgets
- Communicate with Head of Commercial Services to maintain existing commercial streams and investigate new possibilities
Want to apply?Apply
The Nitty Gritty Stuff