- The Sabbatical Officers are the primary representatives of the student body. They promote the interests of our members at institutional, local, national and international levels to achieve direct benefits for students.
- Sabbaticals are responsible for ensuring that the aims, the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the policies of Loughborough Students’ Union are upheld.
- The Executive Committee are Trustees of Loughborough Students’ Union. As such they are responsible for: –
- Working collectively and with the Union Director and other senior staff to ensure that Loughborough Students’ Union has a clear vision and strategy that recognises its values and meets the needs of its members,
- Financial scrutiny of management accounts,
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of Loughborough Students’ Union against targets and ensuring that it is focussed on achieving its strategic goals,
- Participating in recruitment panels,
- Complying with good governance principles in finance, employment and the law, ensuring that guidance from relevant bodies is followed,
- Managing and implementing projects in line with strategic plans and Union policy,
- Applying Union policy to service provision by working with management,
- Supporting all committees and part-time officers in carrying out their duties effectively,
- Ensuring all stakeholders’ views are represented and needs considered,
- Reporting regularly to Union Meetings on individual areas of responsibility and activity,
- Communicating effectively with members within the Students’ Union,
- Acting as a conduit for dialogue between students and their institutions, the University and College.
- To commit to reducing the Students’ Union environmental impact and promote environmental and ethical good practice.
- Provides a student input by working with staff to ensure our membership and commercial services meet the needs of students
- The above duties to be carried out with due regard to the Union’s policies on health and Safety, Safeguarding and Customer Care and Equal Opportunities.
- Shall be the lead officer on welfare issues affecting all members of Loughborough Students Union
- Shall be responsible for representing a diverse range of students to ensure that underrepresented groups are supported
- Be the lead officer responsible for the planning and running of all Welfare & Diversity events
- Liaise with the University and external groups when there are events outside of LSU Welfare & Diversity
- Empower and support all committees that come under the Welfare & Diversity umbrella
- Be the lead officer in coordination with Halls of Residence and their main point of call within the Executive Team
- Will chair meetings of the Welfare committee (composition of which will be outlined in the sectional constitution)
- Responsible for the taking of urgent decisions between meetings if necessary, reporting them at the following meeting
- Officer responsible for overseeing the International Chair and ensuring they are operating to the best of their abilities
Want to apply?Apply
The Nitty Gritty Stuff